We are releasing today the latest FrameMaker Whitepaper on “Why Adobe FrameMaker 10 is the Highest ROI, Lowest TCO Solution for Migration to Structured Authoring”.
Published Whitepaper – Click Here
Here’s a summary of the Whitepaper.
Content development managers today have a number of pressures driving them to consider structured and topic-based authoring. They have heard that migrating from unstructured content to topic-based structured content can result in significant cost savings. However, the Return on Investment (ROI) justification may not be clear. Moreover, once the decision is made to migrate, choosing the best processes and authoring tools out of the many that are available can be overwhelming.
This paper discusses the issues involved in migrating to topic-based structured content, develops a list of requirements that an ideal structured authoring tool should have, and proposes a solution that has the highest ROI and lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
On detailed analysis, eventually the whitepaper surmises that Adobe FrameMaker 10 is the highest ROI, lowest TCO solution for migration to XML/DITA and for ongoing development.
BTW, here’s the interactive FrameMaker ROI Calculator Tool on Adobe.com: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=roicalc
Did you know that the all-new Adobe Improved Upgrade Plan offers more benefits at no additional cost to Adobe customers?
With the Adobe Improved Upgrade Plan, now you can enjoy COMPLIMENTARY Bronze level support, access utilities and plug-ins, seek training and consulting enablement, buy Adobe development support, and optimize your upgrade strategy.
Which Adobe products are eligible for the Adobe Improved Upgrade Plan coverage?
- Adobe Technical Communication Suite
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Adobe RoboHelp
Which customers are eligible to purchase the Adobe Improved Upgrade Plan?
All Adobe Volume Licensing (AVL) customers, i.e. all TLP and CLP customers:
Why invest in the Adobe Improved Upgrade Plan?
- Enjoy COMPLIMENTARY Bronze level support.
- Benefit from exclusive access to enhanced utilities and plug-ins.
- Take advantage of training & consulting enablement.
- Enjoy special rights to purchase Adobe development support.
- Gain a competitive advantage by using the latest technology.
- Help ensure your entire organization has access to the latest software versions for the products covered under this plan
- Increase staff efficiency with one central location to download all upgrades.
- Receive proactive notification when product upgrades are available.
- Make your software budget more predictable.
- Reduce administrative overhead.
With the new Adobe Improved Upgrade Plan, commercial, government, and education Adobe Volume Licensing (AVL) customers now have immediate access to all qualified Adobe Technical Communication Suite, FrameMaker, and RoboHelp product upgrades. Take the guesswork out of software budgeting and potentially lower your total cost of ownership with expanded access to technical support and productivity-boosting learning resources. Get exclusive access to enhanced utilities and plug-ins, and seek training and consulting enablement support from Adobe. Buy development support from Adobe, if needed. With online tools that are available 24×7, you can also streamline your software management process—all while maximizing the overall value of your Adobe software investment.
If you wish to know more about the Adobe Improved Upgrade Plan, please visit: http://www.adobe.com/products/technicalcommunicationsuite/improved-upgrade.html
- Date: Thursday, 18th August, 2011 (inaugural session)
- Time: 8:30 AM — 9:30 AM US / Pacific (Time Zone Converter)
- Frequency: Once a month, starting 18th August (Thursday) followed by every 3rd Thursday of the month
MeetingPlace Dial-in Numbers:
- North America (Toll): 408-536-9900
- North America (Toll-Free): 877-220-5439
- International (Toll): +1-408-536-9900
- Meeting ID: 460696
- Password: 12341234
Join Team Adobe to:
- 1. Talk directly to the members of the Adobe Engineering, QE, Product Management and Product Evangelism teams
- 2. Get answers to your product-related questions, and solutions to your problems
- 3. Share your feedback on product features/functionalities
- 4. Share your ideas on new product features/functionalities
- 5. Get an opportunity to influence the future product roadmap
I was asked by a customer / consultant today, how we can save FrameMaker 10 to non framed HTML files. The key is to split the topics and link them while not using frames.
She has the requirement to create HTML output that can be indexed by search engines like google. This method is old school.
Here you go http://tv.adobe.com/show/adobe-evangelist-technical-communication/
The much-awaited FrameMaker ExtendScript documentation set is now available. The documentation set is enhanced using the value-add feedback from the Adobe customers and partners, including Michael Mueller-Hillebrand and Ian Proudfoot.
Link to Registration Page -> http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/event/index.cfm?event=detail&id=1881728&loc=en_us
When: October 4, 2011 at 1pm est
Does your organization document policy and procedure and create separate classroom training materials? Many organizations do. If your documentation is “single sourced,” the policy and procedure and training documentation is all updated simultaneously. If it’s not “single sourced”, the result is a documentation maintenance headache.
Beth Gerber, co-owner and President of Lightext, Inc. will showcase a RoboHelp project that is being multi-tasked for the customer service department of a mortgage servicing company. Beth will demonstrate how through the use of conditional build tags and multiple TOCs, one RoboHelp project can be customized for three outputs: an online policy and procedure manual, a trainer’s leader’s guide and a participant’s manual for classroom training.